STARCH CREATIVE: Better Brand Experiences, Made Together.
Built on decades of experience in developing and delivering cutting edge creative solutions, Starch provides brands with comprehensive design and marketing support. From the big picture to the finest detail, our team works collectively to effectively manage ideas from concept to completion.
We are a full-service experiential design agency and fabrication company based in Costa Mesa, CA, New York, NY and Portland, Oregon. We create culturally resonant experiences for fans of the brands we love. Together we lead a strong team of innovative thinkers, builders, strategists, designers, and producers, united by our shared love for creating.
We believe our success is driven by our richly diverse and passionate team of talented individuals. We are hiring additional team members who enjoy collaborating with others, but also work well independently. We are looking for people who are motivated, self-driven, passionate and fun. We hope you’re inspired to learn more.
Art Director – Environmental Design: What You Will Accomplish
As the Art Director- Environmental Design, you will create innovative physical concepts for various top tier global brands. You are a creative free thinker that’s always looking to raise the bar. Your concepts will not only push boundaries but will bring fresh perspectives to each design challenge. Most importantly you support account specific brand strategies geared towards their unique consumers. You have a passion for environmental design and physical & digital brand experiences in both retail and experiences/events. In this role you will create retail store designs, fixture designs, product launches and brand events/experiences, both large and small. You’ll work on strategy, concept and execution against environmental experiences that deliver outstanding digital & physical consumer touch-points.
How You Will be Successful:
- You will work hard, accomplish a lot and deliver high quality environmental design and physical & digital experiential concepts and solutions at every stage of the creative process.
- Executional excellence, attention to detail and the knowledge to drive projects forward is a must. Your work will be varied and will involve creating on various briefs that deliver against environmental and experiential projects. You will need to be able to communicate design concepts to various internal and external audiences.
- You will partner with lead a team of Designers, Senior Designers and 3D Specialists, with direction from the Creative Director, to develop the visual language and executional craft of the projects. You will have the ability to work as a creative leader, responsible for supporting other team members’ creative concepts, while simultaneously managing project workflow, and at times, leading creative concepts and accounts. You will partner with the production team to ensure that the creative is delivered on time and to the level of quality expected.
- As this is a client facing role, superb presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients is crucial. As the Environmental Art Director, there will also be an expectation to maintain awareness of design trends and new brand experiences, while always focusing on delivering fresh thinking in our work.
Skills for Success
Years of Professional Experience: A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in environmental design
- Physical & digital experiential design
- Retail & environmental design
- Art direction & graphic design
- Understanding and working against a brand narrative
- Online to Offline consumer journey
- Proven exceptional ability to apply and perform design skills that include – drawing/sketching, ideation, typography, color theory, art direction, graphic design, 3D environmental design, 3D rendering + visualization, visual presentation development & layout.
- Advanced knowledge of 3D design/render software, SketchUp and Adobe CC software are a must
A formal education and creative degrees/certifications are welcomed, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
Compensation range: 90,000 – 130,000 USD annually
Just Be Yourself
Starch is committed to creating an inclusive environment where you are empowered to be the best version of your authentic self. All we ask is you be you and respect the differences, views, backgrounds, and beliefs of others. At Starch we are proud that equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is set up for their unique career success.
Starch is an equal employment opportunity of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Our positions go quickly. Apply today to join the Starch team. Hireme@starchcreative.com